15 things I’ve learned this summer:


1. You should trust Italian man who tells you not to trust Italian men.


2. Your willpower is the key. There are 1500 steps to climb on the way Dracula castle. Almost fainted 3 times, but made it to the top. The staircase at Russel Sq doesn’t look that scary anymore.




3. Next time back half of the weight of your suitcase.You may find yourself dragging it oven all the Venetian brigdes, for over an hour on the phone with your best friend navigating you to the hotel using google street view in her room back in Poland.

4. IpaNera in Mamaia does the best Cosmos I’ve ever tasted. I’ve been hunting them ever since.

5. If you happen to fall for a guy already in a relationship using someone else to release  the sexual pressure is not a good idea. There’s a danger of that someone else falling for you. The worst moral hangover in my life.

6. I hate Luton Airport.

7. I love gelato.

8. Loving your family is some much easier from a distance.

9. Venice during Biennale is like a Disneyland for art lovers.

10. Using your full real name is extremely liberating.

11. Florence is even prettier than Paris.

12. Ideal environment for polishing scripts are the super-fast Italian trains.

13. Wild Romanian bears are extremely polite. When visiting campsites in the middle of the night they head straight to the trash bins with no intention of eating anyone.

14. Getting head in some Venetian church gate is completely fine. After 3 am when all the tourist families sleep peacefully in their hotels.

15. Being alone gets boring after a while. You actually need some people to brighten the life up.


***
I’m so sorry I’ve abandoned this place, but I’ve also learned that the experience needs time for decantation in order to put it down in writing. Expecially as chaotic wave of new and intense I’ve had a chance to take in recently.

I will be sharing favourite artists I came across wondering in all the museums and galleries I had a chance to enter in the last 3 months on my facebook page Em Scribbler.

Like it if you haven't already. :)





Comments

Popular Posts