Burroughs looks upon me...

William S. Burroughs looks upon me and smiles. I hope to me not at me. I’ve just pinned this photo on my inspiration board:




I knew the first shoot this hear will be spectacular. Well it was more like a kick-in the-ass starter… Let me elaborate.

Sam Goodridge is a brilliant young artist photographer mixing up nature, glitter and daisy fresh girly beauty to create astonishing work. Just take a look here.

Getting naked in the woods and stuffing my see through panties with fresh flowers sounds like fun, right? No. Not in the middle January anyway.

After running around cold Irish castle for 2  days wearing hardly anything I thought I will be able to take it. But there is huge a difference between being cold and being wet, as Sam said in a completely non sexual context.

I really enjoyed challenging my mental toughness to create some more beauty in this world, but I lost my enthusiasm along with sensation in my feet within an hour. Walking barefoot through a swamp with mud squeezed between your toes just reminded me of most of relationships in my life.

Later on during the studio part I’ve experienced a revelation. Laying down in the floor, being covered in greenery and having my nipple covered in glitter I felt sudden certainty. I became sure I want to and will finish my degree. And the long missed passion came back. Passion for writing and getting back to being that annoying intellectual I used to be.




Comments

Popular Posts