Postgraduate and Post-relationship study

Last Thursday I had the first screenwriting class. A couple of hours earlier my again-ex-boyfriend left Northen Irland, my bed and me.

-How are you?

-Terrible actually. But it's ok. I saw this great stand up the other night about a guy who had a brain tumor. He met up with his comedian friends and they were ridden with envy. There are so many jokes just waiting to be made on the subject.

Well, that's more or less how I feel. Except I don't have a tumor. I don't even have a boyfriend. It is a really strange place to be, because I would never expect myself to enjoy having one.

It seems like my MA gained a new module. Let me call it the post-relationship study. Deep research on identity, aspirations, and vision of the future.  I'll have to squeeze it somehow in between presentations on financial records of indie cinema houses and essays on the history of film. Or should I just write a dark comedy and get some feedback from the class?

I leave you and myself with a tale I can't stop thinking about:



Comments

Popular Posts