Romantic withdraw syndromes.

It may seem that hangover is the least romantic thing ever, but I’ve unfortunately can confirm the existence of a new species: an emotional hangover.

I came across a theory that I totally believe in: when you drink you borrow joy from the next day. Getting super cheerful and having the time of your life will result in headache, dehydration and poor brain processing speed. It seems the same goes for constant cuddling and kissing someone you feel connected to.

 Statements like “Baby, you’re my heroine” are so Lana Del Rey, but became spot on commentary on the last week of my life.

Turns out one night of dancing and a preview of a hypothetical future sex life is enough to become an addict. That’s what it takes – a moment of bliss, of no world apart from the other person. And you’re hooked.

Since you’re back in a country you’ve chosen to live in there’s nothing to experience, but withdraw syndromes: constant facebook communication,  apathy, paranoia and neglecting your work and uni duties. Questioning the point of any action not connected to planning a Christmas getaway.

Really hating yourself for it, letting people down and thinking only about experiencing that harmony of two individuals again.

And yes, it’s as destructive as it sounds.
I need to add another point to my bad habit list, however I've found a way to have it under control.
I truly believe I am able to downgrade myself from an addict to a recreational user and save my sanity.  
Any 10 steps programmes you recommend?





Comments

Popular Posts